A brow lift, often known as a forehead lift, is a surgical procedure meant to improve the appearance of wrinkles, lines and sagging in the forehead region.
Many people who opt for this surgery feel that the condition of their forehead causes them to look haggard or have what appears to be a constant scowl.
This may be due to natural aging, your particular genetics or both. Fortunately, a brow lift can often correct these issues, helping patients look younger, happier and more vibrant.
How is it Done?
The surgeon may start by creating incisions around your scalp. This allows the surgeon to reposition the muscle and skin of your forehead. The precise technique used will depend on each individual patient. To complete your procedure, the surgeon will close the incisions and bandage them.
Brow Lift Recovery
The surgeon will provide you with specific postoperative care instructions. It’s strongly recommended that you follow these carefully to prevent complications.
While the recovery is generally uneventful, it’s likely that you may experience some side effects from the surgery:
- Discomfort: While discomfort isn’t usually significant, you may experience mild tightness in the treated area and at the incision sites.
- Swelling: Swelling may reach its peak within a few days, but it should lessen shortly after.
- Bruising: Most bruising after a brow lift tends to occur. This will fade gradually over two or three weeks.
- Regular Activities: Most people are able to resume their normal activities after a few days. However, many patients may not feel comfortable socializing or going back to work until the bruising and swelling have cleared up enough to be concealed by makeup.
- Numbness: Because the nerves in the forehead may be disturbed during the surgery, it’s possible that you could experience some numbness in the area.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Ideal candidates for a brow lift are unhappy with their forehead and possess significant sagging or wrinkling. While most patients who undergo brow lift surgery are over the age of 40, it may be an ideal option for younger individuals in certain cases.
It’s important that you don’t have any serious health problems, like bleeding disorders, impaired healing or compromised immunity, that could dramatically increase the risk of serious complications.
Schedule Your Consultation
Contact Southeastern Dermatology today to schedule your consultation and see how a brow lift can help you look years younger.