Smoother skin is something that everyone inevitably wants as they age. Freedom from wrinkles brings a youthful appearance, which can change the way others perceive you and positively impact how you see yourself.
The problem is that smoother skin is seldom easily obtained. Surgical procedures, temporary creams and other lackluster methods seem to offer a myriad of limited improvements with undesirable side effects and tedious maintenance.
Microdermabrasion exists as one of the more advanced dermatological procedures. It offers a way to obtain smoother skin without the need for surgery, temporary and costly creams or whacky gadgets that offer limited effects.
What is Microdermabrasion?
This treatment utilizes the principle of dermabrasion with a greater degree of precision. The idea is to remove only as much skin as necessary to bring about a positive change in the overall texture and appearance of the skin.
It is a type of exfoliation designed to remove dead and nonfunctional skin cells while opening the pores. This leads to skin that looks and feels healthier.
Microdermabrasion removes such a fine amount of skin that it tends to avoid damage to the skin. This reduces redness and irritation while avoiding the incidence of scars and other undesirable permanent features.
Why is Microdermabrasion Better Than Other Procedures?
There are a number of reasons patients prefer to utilize microdermabrasion treatments when it comes to achieving smoother skin. These include:
- The chemical-free nature – This treatment utilizes tiny particles and other items that have mechanical interactions with the skin. This minimizes the risk of chemical-related complications.
- Removal of dull and dead skin – Microdermabrasion works to slough off undesirable skin cells that tend to accumulate upon the top layers of the skin. This leaves skin smoother and more receptive to fortifying treatments.
- Enhanced collagen production – When dead skin cells and other undesirable structures are removed from the skin, it encourages the skin to create new cells. These replace the old ones, which leads to everything from a reduction in fine lines to clearer skin.
- Increased receptiveness to other treatments – Dead and dull skin cells hinder the effectiveness of creams, topical nutrient supplements and other dermatological restoration procedures. This treatment can increase their effectiveness by removing these cells.
- Allowing pores to breathe – If your skin is rough due to acne or ingrown hairs, then microdermabrasion may be for you. This procedure can open pores, which can help stabilize sebum production while reducing the amount of blocked pores that your skin experiences.
Microdermabrasion Aids Your Skin
This treatment represents a marked advancement in skin care. It provides beneficial effects by itself, and helps your skin improve in other ways. It may be just what you need to acquire smooth skin.
To learn more about microdermabrasion, or to see if you are an ideal candidate for this procedure, visit Southeastern Dermatology. Our team can determine the best course for making your skin smooth without forcing you to experience undesirable side effects. Our office is located in Lumberton, NC and we also serve the Fayetteville, NC and surrounding cities. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.